At a glance, you might say that having a spray foam insulation costs a lot yet if you constantly use your heating and cooling system, you might realize in the end that having a spray foam insulation will save you money in the long run.
Spray foam insulation is made by two types of reactive composite materials, polyurethane and isocyanate. When sprayed in a particular area, these materials expand and creates layer of foam insulation.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- Cheaper – the nature of polyurethane and isocyanate as reactive composite materials allow it to cover and seal more area, even nooks and crooks of your home that could have been left exposed
- It ranked R-6 in terms of providing an air-tight seal – it can seal cracks in your attics and spaces that you cannot crawl with. One common reason for increased heating or cooling charge is air leaks and this can be eliminated with a spray foam
- Water and mold resistant – once you installed a spray foam insulation, there will be no place for molds to thrive and grow, even mildew
- Longer life span – spray foam insulation uses an inert polymer that lasts for years
- Eco-friendly – with reduced energy consumption, you can have an eco-friendly household and with its longer life span as compared to other heating or cooling insulators, it means less consumed materials in years
Is It Safe to Have Polyurethane and Isocyanate Sprayed In Your Home?
During installation, you should be out of your home to avoid exposure to these chemicals. You should also wait for the spray foam to be ‘cured’ before you go back to your home. The curing time for spray foam is 24 hours. Once cured, you can safely go back to your home and enjoy the benefits of a spray foam insulation.
Is it fire safe? You have to ask your spray foam installer to check if you will need to add an ignition barrier during installation.
Finding a reliable company that offers spray foam solutions is easy now a days because of their presence on the internet. You can always search for reliable spray foam insulation omapnies or ask some friends for recommendation.…